News and Notifications by Version
This file lists noteworthy changes which may affect users of this project. More detailed information is available in the rest of the documentation.
NOTE: Date stamps in the following entries are in YYYY/MM/DD format.
- Removed the rubyforge reference from the gemspec (Jordan Pickwell)
- Fixed the rewind method to work with write-only streams
- Fixed the read, gets, and readline methods to return partial data if they have such data but receive low level errors before reaching a stopping point
- Renamed all private methods so that it is highly unlikely that they will be accidentally overridden
- Eliminated warnings caused by referencing uninitialized instance variables
- Improved the documentation for the read, gets, and readline methods
- Added mspec tests borrowed from the rubyspec project
- Fixed many, many defects related to IO compatibility (Mostly obscure corner cases)
- Initial release
- All read, write, and seek functions implemented as defined in Ruby 1.8.6
- Most other IO methods also provided as no-ops and similar