Legacy OpenStudio SketchUp Plug-in
The Legacy OpenStudio SketchUp Plug-in makes it easy to create and edit the building geometry in your EnergyPlus input files. This free plug-in also allows you to launch EnergyPlus simulations and view the results without leaving the SketchUp 3D drawing program
Note that active development has moved from the Legacy OpenStudio Plug-in to the more comprehensive OpenStudio suite of tools and libraries. Changes to the Legacy OpenStudio Plug-in will be limited to bug fixes and compatibility updates for new versions of EnergyPlus.
The Legacy OpenStudio Plug-in was created by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory for the U.S. Department of Energy as an interface to the EnergyPlus simulation engine. Refer to the EnergyPlus webpage at energyplus.gov for an overview of the concept and features.
User support is available via the community moderated question and answer resource unmethours.com.
- Identify the combination of Legacy OpenStudio SketchUp Plug-in, EnergyPlus, and SketchUp that you want from the table below.
|v1.0.13||8.3.0||8 or higher||Yes||No|
|v1.0.12||8.2-Update 1||8 or higher||Yes||No|
|v1.0.11||8.1||8 or higher||Yes||Yes|
- Download and install the correct version of EnergyPlus.
- Download and install the correct version of SketchUp. SketchUp 8 will only be available until May 20th, 2015.
- Download the correct version of the Legacy OpenStudio SketchUp Plug-in.
- If you have downloaded an executable installer (EXE or DMG), run that installer with administrative privileges.
- If you have downloaded the RBZ installer, open SketchUp, go to ‘Window->Preferences->Extensions’, choose install extension and browse to the RBZ file.